Important information about the Jubilee Walk on the 2nd of June 2022 from Hutton Rudby to Middleton on Leven (this information includes risk assessment)
Only those who registered can join our pilgrimage
- The Jubilee walk begins at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday 2nd of June 2022, with registration at 9.45am in the Church porch.
- Gathering place – outside the church of the All Saints, Hutton Rudby
- Make sure you have the appropriate gear and clothing (appropriate walking waterproof footwear, rain jacket, warm trousers and top, etc.)
- If the weather forecast is very bad the walk will be cancelled or postponed.
- The difficulty of the walk = from easy to moderate.
- Time of the walk – 2 hours from the church in Hutton Rudby to Middleton on Leven and approx. 2 hours for walking back. Transport is available back from Middleton for those who would like it.
- Distance – about 2.8 miles to Middleton and 3.9 miles back (different route)
- Bring with you packed lunch and drink (hot drink can be very helpful if it is a cold day) to enjoy at Middleton. Take time to visit the flower and local history exhibition in St. Cuthbert’s Church.
- Be careful while walking through the village of Middleton as there are cars and bicycles operating in the village
- Some of the walk is on roads. Please take care on roads and walk in single file on the right, ie facing oncoming traffic.
- Be careful when walking on muddy and slippery parts of the way
- Cross fields with livestock calmly and quietly
- Keep your dogs under control
- Children can only walk with parents or legal guardians, who are fully responsible for their children’s well-being
- Follow the Countryside Code for England and Wales. Leave gates and property as you find them.
- We will carry the First Aid kit and thermal blanket in case if needed
- The first aider is Owen Searle
- Act responsibly and remember that you are responsible for your own behaviour: respect other walkers,
- The walk will finish around 3:00 p.m. at the church in Hutton Rudby, where there is a Service of Thanksgiving for Her Majesty the Queen.
- There is also the chance to visit the Flower Festival in All Saints Church, Hutton Rudby.
The Walk Registration Point is in the Porch of All Saints Church, Hutton Rudby
If you want to take part in the Jubilee walk, it is important to register.
Revd Robert Opala